Mocha Decadence Cake
A cake destined to become the favorite of chocolate and coffee lovers.
1/2 cup butter
6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups finely ground walnuts or pecans
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
Chocolate covered coffee beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and 6 ounces (1 cup) semi sweet chocolate, stirring until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream eggs and sugar on high speed of electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until light and lemon-colored.
- Mix together ground nuts and flour; gradually beat into the egg mixture.
- Stir 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur and the vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Gradually beat into the egg mixture until well-combined.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until top is set. Cool cake in pan. Remove metal ring and place cake on a serving plate.
- Dust top with powdered sugar.
- Mix together 2 ounces melted chocolate and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur. Drizzle over cake. Decorate with chocolate covered coffee beans, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.