Mocha Marble Pound Cake
A low-fat, coffee-flavored marble pound cake, iced with a mocha yogurt glaze. Invite some girlfriends over for a coffee and cake afternoon break.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 (8-ouince) low-fat coffee yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
Mocha Yogurt Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon low-fat coffee flavored yogurt
- In a small bowl combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat sugar, margarine and vanilla until creamy. Add in eggs; beat until smooth. Reduced to low speed, add 8 ounces yogurt alternately with flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Remove half of batter to medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup cocoa to batter remaining in large bowl; beat until blended. Alternately spoon coffee and chocolate batters into greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. With knife, cut through batters to create marbled effect.
- Bake in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, to make Mocha Yogurt Glaze: In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa and coffee yogurt until smooth (add more yogurt if necessary to make spreading consistency).
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with Mocha Yogurt Glaze.
Makes 1 loaf cake; 9 servings.