No-Bake Lemon Mousse Cake
Who would have thought such an elegant—and delicious—dessert could be so easy to prepare? This cake requires at least 8 hours refrigeration, so plan ahead.
Mousse Frosting and Filling:
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Several drops yellow food color (optional)
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (10.75-ounce) package frozen pound cake
- Lightly grease or coat an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- For the Mousse: Place condenses milk, lemonade and food color, if using, in a large bowl and mix well. Add a heaping spoonful of whipped topping and stir until blended. Gently fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Cut pound cake in half, then cut each half in half. Continue until there are 16 slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally to from 32 triangles. Fit half the triangles over bottom of prepared springform pan to cover almost completely.
- Reserve 2/3 cup mousse, cover and refrigerate.
- Spread half of the remaining mousse evenly on the bottom cake triangles layer. Top with another layer with the remaining cake triangles and the remaining half of the mousse. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (Can be made up to 3 days early.)
- About 2 hours before serving, remove sides of pan and place cake, with the pan bottom, on a serving plate. Frost sides of cake with the reserved 2/3 cup mousse.
Makes 10 servings.