Orange Cooler Cake
A citrus syrup is drizzled on this luscious orange Bundt® cake while it's still hot giving the cake incredible moistness and flavor.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 1/3 cups orange juice
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixer bowl, combine white cake mix, 1 1/3 cups orange juice, eggs, shortening, grated lemon peel, and grated orange peel. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted cake pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons orange juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Drizzle the warm syrup over the cake.
Makes 12 servings.