Peanut Butter Pound Cake
Recipe courtesy of Virginia-Carolina Peanut Promotions.
1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in peanut butter, then flour.
- Pour into two lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until centers test done. After about 15 minutes of baking, sprinkle finely chopped peanuts onto the batter to give a crunchy topping.
Makes 2 loaf pound cakes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Virginia-Carolina Peanut Promotions.