Piña Colada Cake
A cake-mix-easy, fix-it-up and call it 'homemade', pineapple and coconut cake with matching frosting.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
2 tablespoons pineapple liqueur, optional
Piña Colada Frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well*, juice reserved
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil. Add cream of coconut and liqueur; mix well.
- Bake cake according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Frost with Piña Colada Frosting.
- For Piña Colada Frosting: In a bowl beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until combined.
- Mix 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice into powdered sugar mixture (use remainder of juice for other purpose or discard).
- Add drained pineapple chunks to powdered sugar mixture. (Use more pineapple juice if necessary to thin).
- Frosts tops and sides of two 8 or 9-inch cake layers.
Makes 12 servings.
*Drain pineapple very well. Squeeze out excess juice before adding to powdered sugar.