Pineapple Cake with
Cream Cheese Frosting and Almonds
A deliciously moist and tender pineapple cake with toasted almonds and a luscious cream cheese frosting
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt.
- In large bowl, beat 1 2/3 cups sugar, eggs, and 1/4 cup butter until fluffy. Mix in pineapple with syrup and 1/2 cup almonds, and then dry ingredients. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes, Transfer to rack; cool 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup butter in medium bowl to blend. Spread frosting over warm cake. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Vermont Cheese Council.