Pound Cake with Chocolate Chips
Rich, buttery cream cheese pound cake laced with chocolate chips. Just imagine how good a slice topped with sweetened strawberries and whipped cream will be!
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a tube or Bundt® pan.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the center is set. Cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Makes 12 servings.