Praline Pound Cake
A rich and buttery, brown sugar pound cake chock-full of pecans.
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 (16-ounce) package brown sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk
2 cups pecans, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk; mixing well after each addition.
- Dust chopped pecans with 1/2 cup flour, then fold into the batter with vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube or Bundt® pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.