Pumpkin Roll Cake
A festive spiced pumpkin nut cake roll filled with a sweet cream cheese filling.
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
6 ounces cream cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour (or line with waxed paper and spread with margarine) a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Fold dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and spread in prepared pan. Top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn on to a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up towel and cake. Cool.
- Prepare filling by blending together powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Unroll cake from towel and spread with filling. Reroll and keep refrigerated. Slice to serve.
Makes 15 servings.