Pumpkin Praline Cake
A cake-mix-easy, pumpkin cake with a ribbon of praline streusel running through the center.
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combine chopped nuts, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and softened butter; set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, combine yellow cake mix, canned pumpkin, oil, 3/4 cup brown sugar, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan and top with the reserved nut mixture. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cake is done. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert, remove from the pan, and cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.