Sandy's German Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
This terrific recipe for Sandy's German Chocolate Upside-Down Cake was submitted by Sandra Rick of Amite, LA.
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup margarine
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle pan with coconut and pecans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour over coconut and pecans.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt cream cheese and margarine until smooth. Sift in sugar. Stir until smooth. Pour over top of cake mix.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Makes 12 servings.