Scott's Chocolate Praline Cake
"Praline cake with a chocolate twist." Recipe submitted by Scott Sturgeon.
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate graham cracker crumb
3 tablespoons melted margarine
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
3/4 cup egg substitute or egg whites
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup praline liqueur
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons praline liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare 3 round 9-inch metal cake pans by mixing brown sugar, pecans, graham cracker crumbs and margarine; putting 1/3 of the mixture into each pan.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients and pour 1/3 of the mixture over each crust.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- To prepare icing combine chocolate frosting, whipped topping and praline liqueur. Frost between each layer, top, and sides.
Makes 12 servings.