Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt® Cake
A surprise filling of brown sugar streusel makes this pumpkin-flavored cake a special treat. Save a bit of icing for drizzling over each serving of this wonderful cake.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons (up to 3) orange juice or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- For Streusel: Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- For Batter: Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- To Assemble: Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle Streusel over batter, not allowing Streusel to touch sides of pan. Top with remaining batter. Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with Glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice or milk in small bowl; stir until smooth.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 /12 of recipe): Calories: 550 Calories from Fat: 200 Total Fat: 22 g Saturated Fat: 13 g Cholesterol: 120 mg Sodium: 550 mg Carbohydrates: 84 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 58 g Protein: 6 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.