Spice Sweet Potato Snack Cake
A delicious, quick and easy sweet potato spice cake topped with crunchy streusel.
3/4 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose biscuit mix
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Grated peel of one lemon or lime
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 tablespoons biscuit mix
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- For Cake: Measure biscuit mix into large bowl; cut in butter. Add brown sugar, peel, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger and cloves.
- Combine eggs, milk and mashed sweet potato; add to dry ingredients and stir until well blended (some lumps will remain). Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 8x8x2-inch square baking pan. Top with Streusel Topping.
- For Streusel Topping: Mix together biscuit mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter; stir in chopped nuts.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cooled, cut in squares.
Makes 9 servings.
Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission.