Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A quick and easy spiced sweet potato snack
cake with a crunchy streusel topping.
Spice Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon or lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Measure biscuit mix into large bowl; cut
in butter. Add brown sugar, peel, cinnamon, salt, baking soda,
ginger and cloves.
- Combine eggs, milk and mashed sweet potato;
add to dry ingredients and stir until well blended (some lumps
will remain). Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch
square baking pan. Top with Streusel Topping.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for
30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes
- Serve warm or cooled, cut in squares.
Makes 9 servings.
Mix 2 tablespoons biscuit mix, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons of butter; stir
in 2 tablespoons chopped nuts.
Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Sweetpotato
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.