Strawberry Icebox Cake
You can count on filing the recipe for this no-bake strawberries and cream ice box cake as a keeper.
2 pounds strawberries
1 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
64 chocolate wafer cookies
- Rinse, drain and hull berries.
- Pulse 3/4 of the berries in a food processor until finely chopped, or mash with a fork or pastry blender.
- Combine sugar and cream in chilled mixing bowl and whip until stiff. Add berries and whip briefly until berries are well combined.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of filling over bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Arrange 16 wafers over top, overlapping if necessary to fit. Spread 1 1/2 cups strawberry cream evenly over wafers. Repeat layers 3 more times.
- Cover pan with lid, foil or plastic wrap.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining strawberry cream.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cut squares to serve, top with remaining strawberry cream. Decorate with remaining berries.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the Driscoll Strawberry Associates.