Strawberry Poke Cake
Poke cakes are fun, festive and delicious. This version bursts with the springtime flavor of strawberry in every bite!
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (12-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed - divided use
Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Prepare and bake cake according to cake mix directions using a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Pierce cooled cake with a large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Meanwhile, stir boiling water into strawberry gelatin in a medium bowl until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour gelatin evenly over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Frost cake with whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, if desired. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.