Streusel Spice Cake
A glazed spice Bundt® cake with a nutty, cinnamon streusel filled center.
1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 large eggs
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt® ; pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in 1/4 cup coconut and 1/4 cup nuts. Pour half of batter (about 2 cups) into prepared pan.
- In small bowl, combine all filling ingredients; reserve 1/2 cup filling. Sprinkle remaining filling over batter in pan. Cover with remaining batter; sprinkle with 1/2 cup reserved filling.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 30 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Makes 12 servings.