Vanilla & Chocolate Swirl Cupcakes
Vanilla and chocolate swirl together in these cupcakes to make a beautiful and delicious combination. Top them with pearlized sprinkles to complete the elegant look.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup NESTLÉÂ® TOLL HOUSEÂ® Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla or white frosting
Pearlized or candy sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; stir well.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk until thoroughly combined. Spoon evenly into prepared cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Melt 1/4 cup morsels in microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into each filled cup and swirl gently with tip of knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup morsels. Spoon some frosting into a piping bag; top with a spoonful of melted chocolate. Pipe onto cupcakes, refilling bag as needed with additional frosting and chocolate. Garnish with sprinkles.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.