Warm Chocolate Honey Torte
Serve this honey-kissed chocolate torte warm with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and a garnish of fresh berries.
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
Fresh berries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line the bottom of 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in chocolate chips. Remove from heat; continue stirring until chocolate is melted. Gradually add honey, stirring to blend.
- Lightly beat egg yolks; whisk into chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture. Gently stir lightened chocolate mixture into remaining whites; do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack. Invert cake onto plate; remove paper.
- Serve warm slices topped with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.