White Chocolate Bundt® Cake
An elegant, almond-scented white chocolate Bundt® cake bursting with luscious white chocolate throughout the cake and icing.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
8 (1-ounce) squares white baking chocolate
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sour cream
4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted
4 (1-ounce) squares white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 10-inch Bundt® pan and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar in the Bundt® pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Chop four squares of the white chocolate and melt the other 4. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted white chocolate. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped white chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
- Place cooled cake on a serving dish and drizzle with both melted white chocolate and semisweet chocolate.
Makes 12 servings.