Brown Sugar Lolli-Pops
Cute, yummy and fun-to-eat candied popcorn lolli-pops made with edible pretzel sticks. They're low-fat, too!
6 cups air-popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon light margarine
Butter flavored cooking spray
3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture (2 tablespoon sugar plus 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
Mini pretzel sticks, as needed
- Combine sugar, honey, and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook until sugar forms thick, "ropy" threads that drip from the spoon.
- Add butter and stir to mix. Slowly pour mixture over popcorn, tossing to mix.
- When popcorn has cooled slightly, spray hands with cooking spray and shape into small balls.
- Insert pretzel stick to create a lollipop.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and wrap in plastic wrap or store in zipper-style bags.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.