These crunchy, cinnamon-scented candied pecans are great for holiday gift-giving and sharing.
Recipe Ingredients:1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pound whole pecan halves
1 large egg white, at room temperature
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon;set aside.
- Beat egg white and water together just until frothy, not stiff. Add pecans and stir until well coated.
- Add sugar mixture, mixing pecans until well coated.
- Spread evenly onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and separate pecans as they cool.
- Store in tightly closed container.
Makes 4 cups.