Candy Coconut Strawberries
These sweet and whimsical strawberry-shaped candies are easy and fun to make.
Recipe Ingredients:1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
1 (6-ounce) strawberry flavored gelatin
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups ground nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Almond slivers for the "stems"
Green food coloring
Red sugar sprinkles
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing well . Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into strawberries.
- Roll "strawberries" in the candied red sugar and place on a sheet pan; set aside.
- To make the green almond "stems, place almonds in a jar and add a few drops of green food coloring and shake.
- Insert a green tinted sliver of almond into a "strawberry" for the stem.
Makes about 2 dozen.