Making candy doesn't get any easier than this recipe for two-layer chocolate and butterscotch candy squares.
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips and 1/3 of the sweetened condensed milk.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, the remaining sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Micro-cook the chocolate chips for 1 minute on HIGH. Stir until melted. Stir in chopped walnuts. Spread into an aluminum foiled-lined 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Next, micro-cook the butterscotch chips on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir until melted, then spread evenly over the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm. Remove from the pan, peel off the foil, and cut into squares.
Makes 32 pieces.