Chocolate Mint Patties
These minty chocolate patties are great for winter holiday entertaining.
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 (13-ounce) package chocolate fudge frosting mix
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Bring a couple inches of water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Combine butter and whipping cream in the top of a double boiler and place over simmering water. Stir until melted.
- Add frosting and heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in peppermint extract and remove from heat.
- Working quickly, drop by the teaspoonful into small paper cups or onto wax paper. Make a swirl design on the top of each candy with a spoon or fingertip. Cool completely.
Makes 5 dozen.