Chocolate Peppermint Wafers
A festive candy treat, these chocolate peppermint wafers are great for parties or just to have around.
1 (6-ounce) package white baking bars, broken into pieces
1/3 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
1 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Microwave baking bars in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in candy. Thinly spread in prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove foil and break into bite-size pieces. Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in a small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip candy pieces 3/4 of the way into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 36 candies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.