Creamy Truffles with Fruit-Flavored Cheese
Chocolate truffles with a creamy, fruit-flavored cheese twist.
8 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped in small pieces
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 ounces fruit flavor Wisconsin cheese spread, such as cranberry
6 ounces best quality dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- Place bittersweet chocolate in large bowl and place over pan of simmering water. Do not allow bowl to touch water. (Or use double boiler.) Heat until chocolate melts and is smooth and silky, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a very small pan, heat condensed milk and butter until butter melts. Add this mixture to melted chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in the cheese spread. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Working quickly, roll the refrigerated mixture into smooth 1-inch balls. Place on parchment or waxed paper.
- Place dark chocolate in metal bowl and sit on top of pan of simmering water. Do not allow bowl to touch water. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Roll the truffle balls in the warm chocolate to evenly coat. Place on parchment or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for up to one week. Bring to room temperature just before serving. Refrigerate any remaining truffles.
Makes 20 truffles.
Variation: Roll the uncoated truffles in 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Refrigerate.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.