Easy Chocolate-Covered Cherries
Invite your whole family to join in and help make these little taste tempters.
2 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries, with stems
1 (12-ounce) package milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- Drain cherries; discard juice or use for another purpose. Put cherries on paper towels to dry completely.
- Put chocolate chips in a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip cherries into chocolate; swirl to coat completely. Place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate until set.
Makes 5 dozen.
- If desired, dip some of the cherries in melted white chocolate chips instead.
- The chocolate can also be melted in the microwave. Start with 1 minute then continue at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.