Layered Mint Chocolate Fudge
A refreshing mint cream filling is sandwiched between layers of smooth chocolate fudge.
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon peppermint extract
1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips with a cup of sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- Spread half the mixture into the prepared pan. Chill for 10 minutes. Keep remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- Melt vanilla chips with remaining sweetened condensed milk in another saucepan. Add peppermint extract and green food coloring; blend.
- Spread over the chocolate layer and chill for 10 minutes.
- Spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top. Chill until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes 64 (1-inch) squares.