Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
You can count on these peanut butter popcorn balls, loaded with candy-coated peanut candies, being a huge hit.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons peanut butter
8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup candy-coated peanut candy
- Line a baking sheet or work surface with waxed paper; set aside.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, butter and peanut butter together in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat.
- Stir in popcorn until well coated.
- Remove pan from heat and stir candy pieces gently into mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool just enough to allow handling.
- Using an ice cream scoop or buttered hands, shape mixture into 2-inch balls and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
Makes 14 to 18 popcorn balls.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.