Praline Pecan Crunch
Sweet, crunchy and practically irresistible candied pecan and cereal treats.
2 cups toasted cereal squares
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a large bowl, combine toasted cereal squares and pecans. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine light corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes; then stir. Continue microwaving for 1/2 to 1 1/2 minutes until boiling. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over the cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour; stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread on a baking sheet to cool, then break into bite-sized pieces.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.