Fat-free, cloud-light and crisp, sweet raspberry meringue treats perfect for any occasion.
3 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1/8 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until very stiff peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Add jam and food coloring. Beat for 1 minute at high speed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2-inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for two hours; cool completely before removing from foil.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen confections.