Sensibly Delicious Fudge
Try this 'sensibly delicious' fudge made with a sugar-blend sweetener. A great treat to serve any time of the year. Recipe includes variations.
3/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- Combine SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
Makes 48 pieces.
- For Milk Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
- For Butterscotch Fudge: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
- For Peanutty Chocolate Fudge: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): Calories: 110; Calories from Fat: 40; Total Fat: 4.5g; Saturated Fat: 2.5g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 35mg; Carbohydrates: 17g; Dietary Fiber: .5g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: 1g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.