White Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
Festive white chocolate and marshmallow fudge laced with toasted pistachios and candied cherries, a lovely fudge to serve for the holidays, or give as gifts.
1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup margarine or butter
12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
3/4 cup toasted chopped pistachios (or other toasted nuts)
3/4 cup candied cherries*
- In a heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quarts saucepot, bring sugar, margarine, and sour cream to full boil over a medium flame, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil for 7 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F (100°C), stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove and stir in white chocolate until melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Cool for several hours or overnight; cut into 1-inch squares, if desired.
Makes 64 (1-inch) squares.
*Note: Candied cherries are significantly drier than maraschino cherries. If using maraschino cherries for the candied cherries, drain them, chop and let sit overnight to dry.