Angel Hair with Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
1 pound linguine or vermicelli
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1x3-inch strips
1 1/2 cups light soy sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons dark Oriental sesame oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and reserve juice
2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium yellow pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, packed, ginger, sesame oil, and the juice drained from the canned pineapple. Reserve 1 cup of sauce for the pasta. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken, pineapple, onion, and pepper chunks and marinate for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, light grill with mesquite charcoal and allow coals to start.
- While waiting for grill, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with remaining sauce and place in large serving dish.
- Skewer marinated chicken and vegetables and grill until cooked through; turning occasionally.
- Remove from skewers and arrange over pasta. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.