Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A delicious chicken entrée that is definitely worth the effort!
2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
1/2 cup water
2 cups fresh bread crumbs
1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (2 tablespoons marinade reserved) and finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped celery
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese - divided use
4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Dissolve bouillon in water in 2-cup liquid measure. Add bread crumbs; stir to moisten.
- Heat reserved artichoke marinade in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in wine; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 4 minutes or until artichokes are very tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in bread crumb mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pound each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap with meat mallet or rolling pin to about 1/8-inch thickness. Place each breast on separate piece of plastic wrap; season with salt and ground black pepper. Spoon stuffing down center of each breast. Using plastic wrap to assist, tightly roll up each slice around stuffing. Tightly wrap chicken in plastic, twisting ends. Wrap each roll tightly in foil; place in 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool for 15 minutes. Unwrap chicken rolls; carefully slice into four 1-inch slices. Place on baking sheet; sprinkle slices with remaining cheese. Place in preheated broiler for 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.