A Grecian chicken and brown rice casserole with stuffed green olives and feta cheese.
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 lime, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise in 1/2 inch strips
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 large tomato, cut in 1/4-inch slices
1/4 cup small stuffed green olives, halved
1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, grated
10 round buttery crackers, crumbled
- In medium bowl, mix chili powder and lime juice. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray 13x9x2-inch casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Place rice in dish, completely covering bottom.
- Arrange tomato slices on rice.
- Sprinkle olive halves evenly over tomato and rice.
- Arrange chicken strips lengthwise on top.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over chicken and top with cracker crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350°F (175°C) oven about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.