Baked Chicken Rolls with Cheese
These tasty chicken rolls have a crispy Romano cheese and bread crumb coating with warm, melty Muenster cheese tucked inside.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 cup fresh white bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Romano* cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
4 ounces Muenster** cheese, cut into 4 x 1/2-inch-long sticks
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/4-inch thickness, using mallet or rolling pin. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine crumbs, Romano cheese, paprika and thyme in shallow dish.
- Place 1 cheese stick at short end of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken, enclosing cheese. Trim cheese even with ends of chicken if necessary. Brush chicken rolls with olive oil. Dip into bread crumb mixture, pressing crumbs to adhere. Arrange chicken rolls seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken until cooked through and coating is crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
*Or use Parmesan cheese.
**Or use mozzarella or provolone cheese.