The addition of beer kicks up the flavor of barbecue in this super-easy recipe.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter - divided use
1 (3-pound) chicken, cut up
1 (14-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
1 cup beer
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt 1/2 cup butter In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Add cut-up chicken, turning to coat all sides. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter with barbecue sauce and beer over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare barbecue grill.
- Dip chicken pre`-baked chicken in the prepared barbecue sauce and arrange skin-side down on on grill. Cook, turning and basting frequently with sauce until browned and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with any remaining sauce on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Chicken can also be finished in the broiler.