Bright 'N Zippy Chicken Stir-Fry
A colorful chicken stir-fry with carrots, sugar snap peas and dried chopped prunes in a zesty citrus sauce.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 2-inch strips
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 ounces dried prunes, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth, heated
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 carrots, peeled, cut in 1-inch matchsticks
1 leek, sliced thin
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon butter
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment (optional)
- In medium bowl, place chicken; sprinkle with lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring to coat well.
- In another bowl, combine prunes and chicken broth and let sit about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray large skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, then leek; cook about 1 minute more. Add sugar snap peas and butter and continue to stir-fry until chicken is fork-tender and peas are tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in prunes and broth, separating pieces of prunes. Cook about 1 minute more or until hot through. Serve with rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.