Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
Extra crunchy, 'oven-fried' pecan and sesame seed-coated chicken.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup ground pecans
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/8 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 broiler-fryer chickens, cut in serving pieces
1/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in large shallow a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Mix buttermilk with egg in one shallow dish, and flour, ground pecans, paprika, salt, pepper and sesame seeds in another.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture. Place skin side down in melted butter in baking pan, then turn chicken pieces to coat with butter and place skin side up.
- Place pecan halves on each piece of chicken and bake in 350°F (175°C) oven 1 1/4 hours, or until tender and golden brown. Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.