Cajun Succotash with Chicken
An easy Cajun-style chicken supper baked in foil packets with a succotash medley of lima beans, corn, tomatoes and okra.
Heavy duty aluminum foil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (8.5-ounce) can lima beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
1 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Tear off 4 (12 x 18-inch) foil sheets.
- Stir together chicken and remaining ingredients. Place one-fourth of mixture in center of each foil sheet.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 20 to 22 minutes. Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape.
Makes 4 servings.