Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Here's an impressive, low-fat main dish
that's quick and easy too! Tender, golden browned chicken breasts
are deliciously accented with a combination of fresh citrus,
garlic and fiery red pepper flakes.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium oranges
- Hot cooked long-grained rice for accompaniment
- Additional lime wedges for accompaniment
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook chicken and garlic
in butter over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken
is tender and juices no longer pink, turning chicken once and
stirring garlic occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lime
peel, lime juice, ginger, and red pepper; set aside.
- Peel oranges, removing pith. Reserving
juice, cut oranges in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into
thin slices. Add any reserved orange juice and the lime juice
mixture to skillet.
- Place orange slices on top of chicken.
Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes our until heated through.
- To serve, spoon any reserved drippings
over chicken. Serve with cooked rice and additional lime wedges
for accompaniment, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6
of recipe): 191.0 calories; 25% calories from fat; 5.4g total
fat; 78.6mg cholesterol; 104.8mg sodium; 398.9mg potassium; 7.2g
carbohydrates; 1.1g fiber; 4.2g sugar; 6.0g net carbs; 27.8g
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.