Caribbean Honey-Spiced Chicken with Mango
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
2 fresh jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice and lemon peel; whisk until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of mixture to food processor container; set aside.
- Add mango to honey-lemon mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Store in refrigerator.
- Add onion, jalapeños, paprika, oil, garlic salt, cinnamon, pepper and allspice to honey-lemon mixture in a food processor container. Process until very finely chopped, scrape down sides when necessary.
- Spread mixture evenly over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Spread oil in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Arrange chicken breasts in pan.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to serving platter; top with reserved mango.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 317; Calories From Fat: 9; Cholesterol: 73mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 781mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Honey Board.