Caribbean Lime Chicken
Recipe courtesy of the National Onion Association.
4 tablespoons lime juice - divided use
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 pounds skin-on chicken parts
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 large onions (about 9 to 11 ounces each), cut into narrow wedges
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Lime and orange wedges, chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Mix 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper flakes and black pepper in dish.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil until hot in large skillet. Place chicken in skillet in single layer and cook over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and brown other side, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring often, about 8 minutes or until chicken and onions are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder to pan. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining lime juice.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with citrus wedges and fresh chives, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 537; Calories From Fat: 50; Total Fat: 30g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 48g; Sodium: 439mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Onion Association.