Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Simple elegance, pan-fried chicken breasts
served with a buttery almond, lemon and white wine pan sauce.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Rinse and pat chicken breasts dry, season
with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high
heat until hot and brown chicken breasts
on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook chicken
for about 12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer
to serving platter, and keep warm.
- Heat drippings left in skillet over medium
heat and cook almonds, stirring, for
1 minute, or until they are golden. Transfer to a paper
towel to drain.
- In the same skillet, add wine, water,
and garlic; boil until reduced by half.
Remove skillet from heat, stir in butter, parsley, lemon juice,
and almonds. Season with salt and pepper to
taste. Spoon almond sauce over chicken
breasts and serve.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.