Chicken and Dumplings in Foil Packets
Eating from your own little foil 'dinner packet' is casual eating at its most fun, kids especially love it! Finding chicken and dumplings inside is an added bonus—as well as the clean-up factor being a breeze!
Heavy duty aluminum foil
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme - divided use
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 small onion, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Tear off 4 (12 x 18-inch) foil sheets. Coat foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir together soup, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly on foil sheets, and top evenly with chicken.
- Stir together biscuit mix, 3/4 cup water, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Spoon evenly on top of chicken.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds. Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet. Place foil packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 22 minutes. Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Southern Living.