Chicken Breasts Alfredo
Breaded chicken breasts topped with a Parmesan cheese sauce and mozzarella cheese.
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons water
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fine bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Parmesan Cheese Sauce:
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup snipped parsley
6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Mix eggs, water, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt together.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then into bread crumbs.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Cook chicken breasts over medium heat until brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- For Parmesan Cheese Sauce: Heat cream, water, and butter in a 1-quart saucepan until butter melts. Add cheese; stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Makes about 2 cups.
- Spoon Parmesan cheese sauce over chicken. Top each breast half with a slice mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and chicken is fully cooked and tender, about 8 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.