Chicken Cajun Pasta
This Cajun-style chicken pasta toss will satisfy the hungriest appetites looking for more than a little spicy heat.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning or to taste
1/4 cup butter
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 cup sliced green bell peppers
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon Tabasco hot pepper sauce or taste
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Additional Parmesan cheese for accompaniment
- Place the prepared chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the chicken in butter until lightly golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and green onion. Sauté and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream, Tabasco sauce, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Heat through.
- Add the cooked linguine and toss to mix well; heat through. Add the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve passing additional Parmesan cheese for accompaniment.
Makes 4 servings.